Thursday, April 22, 2010

thesis project

Seeing other peoples presentations this morning was very helpful in finally deciding my thesis for this project, also I can't believe how long it took eight people to go over their projects in 2 1/2 minutes, you'd think it would be about 20 minutes but it turns out its more like 50. Anyway it gave me some time to really reflect on this course and one topic in particular came to mind, pertaining to Beckett and Joyce. On the first day of class Dr. Sexson was going over these two authors and one theme in particular covered in their work, waiting, and how the time we spend waiting defines who we are. After waiting four months for my ribs to heal once and for all I can honestly say that if this is in fact true, which I believe it is, I am not entirely happy with how I've defined myself these past few months.
My thesis therefore is; the time we spend waiting defines us, however it is up to us to make the most of this delayed time, and always keep in mind what we are waiting for. Because sometimes time spent waiting is more important than time spent arriving.

No comments:

Post a Comment